INITIATIVES July 2007 - January 2012
1. Participation in job fairs by station personnel:
MLK Birthday Celebration Job / Legal / Health Fair -
Saturday, January 23, 2007 at the St. Paul Church in Biloxi, MS.
Saving Our Sisters Summit(s) 5/17/08 5/16/09 5/15/10 5/14/11
Jackson State University Scholarship Program 3/10
DeLisle Black Network Scholarship Program 2/11 4/11-5/11
2. Internship Program
Mentoring/Intern position offers employee an entry level position in the world of radio. This program provides interns with the tools they need to have a successful career in radio.
Lori Brown, Tougaloo College, Mass Communications major 6/10-8/10
Lori Brown, Tougaloo College, Mass Communications major 12/10
Lori Brown, Tougaloo College, Mass Communications major 4/11
Lori Brown, Tougaloo College, Mass Communications major 6/11-8/11
3 . Participation of job openings in job banks, internet:
On-going - www.wjzd.com
Participation in job banks: WIN Job Center
4. Training program for station personnel:
On going - Training in all aspects of radio sales. Creating proposals, filing, copy, traffic, Arbitron use, etc. Entryway into radio sales coordinator or radio sales position.
On going - Training in all aspects of radio production. Production for local& national advertisers, operation of computer programs. Expectations will be to utilize gained abilities when production department needs assistance.
- Morning Show Producer / News Anchor
On going - Training on operation of mixing board during syndicated morningshow and training as the local news personality.
5. Radio Station Tours conducted to students interested in the broadcasting industry. All departments are visited and responsibilities are discussed with students having an opportunity to interact with employees.
Moss Point High School
Gulfport High School
Guldport Job Corp
6. Participation in events sponsored by organizations representing groups present in the community interested in broadcast employment issues:
Gulfport High School Career Day
Central Middle School Mentor Program